Monday, February 22, 2010

San Pietro in Vincoli (St. Peter in Chains)

Today's Post was done by Colin Wen of Sacramento, CA. Colin and I spent the summer together in China as you might recall from previous posts. Also, Colin, being a good Californian, is in the process of renewing a recycling program here at the College. I am sure Mother Earth is psyched!

There is a picture of me...in existence... standing in front of the famous chains, located under the main altar of today's Station Church...but our internet is really sad right now and I cannot get any pictures to load (I will try and post it late tonight). Tradition holds that these are THE chains that once shackled St. Peter in Jerusalem and THE chains that once imprisoned St. Peter in Rome just before his martyrdom.

Check out Colin's post for more of the details: COLIN'S POST

Have a Good One!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment